East Branch Delaware above Pepacton Reservoir

Everyone loves a good fish story!
Talk techniques, experiences , gear, etc
BodyWithoutOrgans88

East Branch Delaware above Pepacton Reservoir

Post by BodyWithoutOrgans88 »

I was thinking about taking a trip over to Margaretville-area to explore a bit. Unless I'm looking at things incorrectly, it seems like the East Branch above the reservoir is entirely private. Does that sound accurate?

Thanks for any input...

Theroe

Re: East Branch Delaware above Pepacton Reservoir

Post by Theroe »

that’s an accurate portrayal........... I used to have permission to fish by the Kass Inn, which has now changed hands and names. Hopefully Esopus Ed will chime in here, that’s his neck of the woods more than mine.......
Dana
“Time to go fishing”

BodyWithoutOrgans88

Thanks Dana.

Since the posting, I stumbled upon an ongoing TU restoration project of this part of the river...looks like Ed is part of that project.

I also just happened again across a book that I was eyeballing a week or so ago--East Branch by Mitch Keller--which I see now is "set" on this part of the river. I just purchased online...hopefully some insights there.

-Matt

Algyros

Post by Algyros »

I haven't been there in years, but the last time I fished the East Branch I found plenty of public water above Pepacton Reservoir. And there is public water in Margaretville and upstream.

Alex

BodyWithoutOrgans88

Good to know, Alex. Thanks. I'll do some exploring! Some tributaries out that way I want to check out as well.

Eperous

Post by Eperous »

Algyros wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:30 pm
I haven't been there in years, but the last time I fished the East Branch I found plenty of public water above Pepacton Reservoir. And there is public water in Margaretville and upstream.
I agreed... you need to look around and it would be very helpful if you had a FREE NYC DEP fishing permit to wander their long section....

Good luck....

Ed

Eperous

Post by Eperous »

By the way, here's some belated info on the upper East Branch Delaware and my TU chapter's involvement... you might have to download a report from TU National...

FYIhttps://www.tu.org/magazine/effort-impr ... gn=informz

Ed

BodyWithoutOrgans88

Eperous wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 6:40 pm
By the way, here's some belated info on the upper East Branch Delaware and my TU chapter's involvement... you might have to download a report from TU National...

Ed
Thanks Ed!

We're actually closing on a house over there (fingers crossed), moving from Mount Tremper to Hardenburgh. Looking forward to getting to know the area better, and hopefully to helping with that project, if it's ongoing!

Matt

Eperous

Post by Eperous »

BodyWithoutOrgans88 wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 9:23 am
Eperous wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 6:40 pm

Ed
Thanks Ed!

We're actually closing on a house over there (fingers crossed), moving from Mount Tremper to Hardenburgh. Looking forward to getting to know the area better, and hopefully to helping with that project, if it's ongoing!

Matt
Good 4 U Matt... hope you get to do what want... you'll be moving from a rustic area in Mt. Tremper to the middle of a beautiful nowhere.... there are several fine, wild brook trout streams in that area, which you hopefully you get to enjoy during your TWO DAYS of summer!

Good luck,

Ed