Alberto, fantastic article in the CFTG Newsletter

Everyone loves a good fish story!
Talk techniques, experiences , gear, etc
willowhead

Alberto, fantastic article in the CFTG Newsletter

Post by willowhead » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:12 pm

Wonderful article Alberto. VERY cool to see the place i learned fly fishing and fly tying through your eyes. Thankx for your efforts. mark..... ;)

Alberto Calzolari

Re: Alberto, fantastic article in the CFTG Newsletter

Post by Alberto Calzolari » Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:10 am

Thank you Mark,
I appreciate your compliments.
But it was really my honor to give a small contribution to the Gazette. In that article, originally published in an italian magazine, I wrote nothing new for you guys for what concerns the stories of the Catskill tradition. But I did my best to spread the magic of the Catskill among the italian readers. And I am still doing it through other written pieces and informations. I took it as a sort of mission.
But certainly what I wrote in this article about my very own emotions is purely describing what I felt inside. I really enjoyed to step for a short time in these places soaked with traditions. And, well, the people I met there would be worth a trip by themselves.
Mary, Joe, Judy and many other.

Take care Mark and hope to see you in Somerset in November.

Alberto
My web site : www.artisticflies.com

willowhead

Re: Alberto, fantastic article in the CFTG Newsletter

Post by willowhead » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:06 am

Your allowed into heaven now Alberto.....having made the pilgramidge to the Catskills.....the Mecca of Fly Fishing. :D You did a terrific job of convaying your feelings. ;) i'll be up for Danbury.....but i doubt i'll stick around for Somerset. i can get some hooks and such at Danbury, and i don't like being away from my tying room any more than i have to anymore. We're going to slow down this rediculas pace we've been setting for the last few years, beginning next year. Save some money, tye more flies, fish more.....only gonna do maybe a dozen shows or something like that. Have a ball at Somerset. i'll be taking another load of stuff from Roscoe to Arkansas round that time. You be safe. mark..... 8-)