Weather got me

Everyone loves a good fish story!
Talk techniques, experiences , gear, etc
narcodog

Weather got me

Post by narcodog » Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:00 pm

Well, the weather got me once more. Two years ago it was dry and low water this time high water everywhere. After I left Ronbo's Bash I went to Vt. well it rained and then rained some more. I bought a lic. but didn't use it. So I just decided come home, what a bummer. The Battenkill was as high as the Catskill streams.
I want to thank all of you hat helped me gave me instruction such as, Joe, Mary and Cj. Thanks to Ronbo for the work he did on my Boo rod and the invite to the Bash. Thanks to Mike C. for the work and advise he did on my other Boo.
I had a nice time with Charlie Collins and the great looking feathers he had that I drooled over.
Thanks to the folks at the Roscoe Dinner for letting me spend a few nights in the parking lot.
I was disappointed that I didn't get to meet Wolf or JB, and others.
When the water was good the fishing and catching was good but for the most part the water was too high.
So maybe the next time, the third time, we be great.
I also want to give a special thanks to Frank Kuttner, I know that he does not use a puter but if someone will express my appreciation to him I would appreciate it.
N'dog

Oh the tips I picked up from Joe and Mary are with me as I don't think it would be appropriate to share them with the rest of the world.

One other thing I went to both the CFFM and the American FFM and I must say that the CFFM was more interesting and informative.

catskilljohn

Re: Weather got me

Post by catskilljohn » Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:08 pm

Wow narco! what a trip!
It was great hanging out with you and the boys, we should make it an annual thing ;)

Your camping rig was top dog man, you certainly travel in style. You got good taste in hackle too.

Glad you made it home safe and sound, get to bending some of that hackle will ya! :lol: CJ
"Gentlemen,remove your hats,this is it"
"This is where the trout was invented?"
"Oh he existed in a crude,primitive form in Waltons England"
"But this is where they painted spots on him and taught him to swim"

the wolf88

Post by the wolf88 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:37 pm

nacro.. I saw your truck parked at the dinner in the ween morining when I am heading to work.. ya,, sorry I didnt make it to the boo bash due to work shortage :roll: hopefully again soon when you come back up.... at least you met the crazy boo gangs.

cast cane

Post by cast cane » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:29 am

Narco , sure was pleasure running into you on the little water , what a coincidance .Sorry about all those kids. Had a nice chat about old cane and look forward to doing it again soon ! We'll look forward to next year . :P j/p

narcodog

Post by narcodog » Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:20 am

cast cane wrote:Narco , sure was pleasure running into you on the little water , what a coincidance .Sorry about all those kids. Had a nice chat about old cane and look forward to doing it again soon ! We'll look forward to next year . :P j/p
Jeff, it was good to meet you and all of those kids. I stood and watched them and they were so darn into the fishing it was great to see young folks enjoying themselves. Our TU Chapter is involved with the Ga. TU Trout camp every year and there are nothing but good things said about it. There was one young girl who went through the camp a few years ago and now she is President of her Chapter.