Wading staff

Everyone loves a good fish story!
Talk techniques, experiences , gear, etc
GaryD

Re: Wading staff

Post by GaryD »

I have an old Folstaff that's locked into the expanded position that I use almost everywhere. I don't even take it out of the car. At this point in time, it would be completely out of the question to go into the Esopus or the Housatonic without it.

Theroe

Post by Theroe »

Vance wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:15 pm
Theroe, Lenny and I would fish the Lacky up by Hawley and we would catch a Bat once in awhile. We would reel it in to the tip of the fly rod and put it in the water for about 10 minutes just to be sure it was going to the great beyond. That was 10 min. Of not fishing we would curse the things out while it was under water. Bill Vance
Lenny was a real good tier - I have a beautiful red quill he tied me in the 1980's. He was one of the tiers for Charlies shop...

BTW - Im headed up shortly, to meet the last great living master at Mollys. They ran two tubes all day, the water will be dropping by 530. Last week I caught an 8 # striper on a # 16 sulphur by Charlies store - he almost spooled me twice! Lucky I use a Hardy Marquis disc 8......
Attachments
Rainbow 1
Rainbow 1
0x9BqeBfRlWlxzG8AaGphg.jpg (279.6 KiB) Viewed 404 times
“Time to go fishing”

Bullethead

Post by Bullethead »

Started using a wading staff pretty much from the get go. Learned early on that a tripod is a hell of a lot more stable than a bipod. Latest and longest-lasting is a Catskill hickory version turned from a piece of hickory gifted from George at the piano-hammer shop in Boiceville. Remember a passed pal every time I fish.

corlay

Post by corlay »

Folstaff, used only for when I have to cross the stream in fast current.