NY Times - 6/29/11, women's fashion & feathers

Everyone loves a good fish story!
Talk techniques, experiences , gear, etc
Mantis

Re: NY Times - 6/29/11, women's fashion & feathers

Post by Mantis »

Get out your Cool-Ade and dye some griz pink, orange, green and blue. I put a couple on bobanddaves, but no hair extension people can find them. Maybe I should break down and open a darn paypal account just to sell a half dozen of these Whiting saddles. lol. Think ebay is up to 12 percent selling fee now.

Allan

Post by Allan »

mantis,

12% selling fee! It was a great idea and site while it lasted. Now a RIP-OFF :evil: !

I guess the business has to pay for the losing effort and multi-million dallar expense of the owner when she ran for California Governor. Or was it the Senate seat?

Allan

Fatman

Post by Fatman »

I was on Clarks classic yesterday reading about the same subject and somebody posted a picture of a poodle with hackle attached and it ain't Saddle!!!! Hopefully the rich and famous don't start a dog trend for it or we're in BIG trouble with capes.

http://clarksclassicflyrodforum.yuku.co ... s-NOT-good

Fatman

narcodog

Post by narcodog »

I'll say this support Collins Hackle. He is fighting these fashion folks and those tyers looking for a fast buck.

squish67

Post by squish67 »

Away on vacation at my In Laws, read this, adnd walked into the kitchen to find my Wife and Her sister discussing the Pheasant Feather in her sister's hair....grizzley saddle (a nice long one) died blondish brown. Turns out she pays $5 apiece for them, or 4 for $20 at her hairdressers. I am thinking I am a lot closer to retirement than I thought!

Needles to say , I am sending a her a few as a sort of finder's fee! ;-)