MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

Everyone loves a good fish story!
Talk techniques, experiences , gear, etc
quadfish

Re: MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

Post by quadfish »

Merry Christmas to all!!!

I knew the Mayans would be wrong. If they were that good at predicting stuff, there would still
be Mayans!! :D

Later, Rick
"A man who would fool a fish with a feather would probably go to a brothel without carryng any money." Charles Dannen

redietz

Post by redietz »

quadfish wrote: I knew the Mayans would be wrong. If they were that good at predicting stuff, there would still
be Mayans!!
The Mayans weren't wrong in the least. They said they'd need to start a new calendar after Friday, and they did. As far as I can tell, that's 100% accuracy. As for the New Age loonies who thought that the calendar running out meant the end of the world, they weren't so accurate. (Of course, if those loonies had used the proper calendar, they would have known that the world doesn't end after December 31.)

There are still plenty of Mayans. More than 2 million people speak Mayan as their native language (many of whom got quite an economic boost from tourism due to this end of world theory.)

The number of loonies is unknown, but probably exceeds 2 million.
Bob

Soft-hackle

Post by Soft-hackle »

I wish everyone, here, happy holidays. I hope you ALL spend them with loved ones and people who are important to you. After all, that truly is what life is all about. Stay well, everyone.

Mark

flymank

Post by flymank »

Happy holidays to one and all-flymank out :D

redietz

Post by redietz »

I forgot to say in the previous post:

Merry Christmas to all!
Bob

quadfish

Post by quadfish »

The Mayans weren't wrong in the least. They said they'd need to start a new calendar after Friday, and they did. As far as I can tell, that's 100% accuracy. As for the New Age loonies who thought that the calendar running out meant the end of the world, they weren't so accurate. (Of course, if those loonies had used the proper calendar, they would have known that the world doesn't end after December 31.)

There are still plenty of Mayans. More than 2 million people speak Mayan as their native language (many of whom got quite an economic boost from tourism due to this end of world theory.)

The number of loonies is unknown, but probably exceeds 2 million.
I stand corrected!! :oops:

Merry Christmas Yo Yo Ho!! :D

-Rick :D
"A man who would fool a fish with a feather would probably go to a brothel without carryng any money." Charles Dannen

catskilljohn

Post by catskilljohn »

Ahhh, Christmas day! Sitting by the stove together, kids playing with their gifts, a day off and Andrea hasn't yelled at me all morning! It dont get any better than this!

Hope everyone is having a great day, I am 1/3 of the way into my new book, The Dry Fly and Fast Water. Its pretty good so far, lots of on-stream tales from La Branche. One thing I chuckled about, they have a picture of Juction Pool in Roscoe as the first place he cast a dry fly, dont know how they mixed that up.

There is a photo of a "Mole" dry fly also, but I was under the impression the wings would be cocked further forward?

Its a great read on a perfect reading day like today, CJ
"Gentlemen,remove your hats,this is it"
"This is where the trout was invented?"
"Oh he existed in a crude,primitive form in Waltons England"
"But this is where they painted spots on him and taught him to swim"