New waders/boots

Everyone loves a good fish story!
Talk techniques, experiences , gear, etc
Fontinalis

Re: New waders/boots

Post by Fontinalis » Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:29 pm

CJ:

Take a look at LL Beans best waders. I have been a fan of them and yes am very tough on waders. If the waders leak due to there issue they replace them with no questions asked. I stopped paying for the over priced Simms and so on. There is a LL Bean down by me in Marlton NJ at the Sagemore shopping center. Far as boots go I have really liked the Orvis non felt soles with metal screws. What I really like about the shoe is they do grip as long as you take the time to set them up correctly to the way you walk and second they really open wide to get your feet in with the wades very easy. Just not in to having to fight the boot to get your feet in along with the wader comfortably. Just something else for you to mull over.

novabass

Post by novabass » Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:19 pm

Has anyone tried Redington waders? I'm just curious how good they are. I was specifically looking at Redington Men's Crosswater Chest Wader.
FrankenFly <--my website
Where fly tying comes to life!

BrownBear

Post by BrownBear » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:10 pm

Several of the folks we fish with down here use them with complete satisfaction, though most aren't fishing more than once or twice a month. In Alaska, among folks who fish 4 or 5 days a week on brushy waterways, they don't stand up as well as their better-heeled Simms cousins. Dunno where the scale balances in the tradeoff between price and lifespan, but there is a difference with heavy, tough use.

the wolf88

Post by the wolf88 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:06 pm

ummm CJ.. you don't want to skimp on the price of the good pair of waders.. I paid mine for around 190 bucks. its a simms.. one step above the basic model.. I never had a problem with them.. I use it for 2 month per yr.. always store them in a cool place. for the boots.. the new style of non felt are good.. I wont go back to felt. paid about 100 bucks.. it will last a long time.

the wolf88

Post by the wolf88 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:07 pm

oh yeah.. you might follow my footsteps in this waders :lol: