Outstanding

Everyone loves a good fish story!
Talk techniques, experiences , gear, etc
narcodog

Outstanding

Post by narcodog »

What an outstanding time I had with you all. The fishing was very good, I got to fish the DeBruce Club twice with Dr. Bob, if you get a chance to go out with him he is a hoot. I was told, that Joe has planted all of the tree's along the Willow so he can sell more flies.

Awesome Joe was exceptional with his hospitality and humor.

The SgtMaj let me get some baggage off my chest, I'm indebted to him for that.

The Boofest was a hoot and a great time was had by all. Dave Branch brought a 2 piece to cast on the Lake at Ronbo Lodge, how those rods don't get broke with a bunch of drunks casting them is beyond me.

If you share your special fishing spot with Rick, I would not count on him reciprocating fully.

I was able to attend the members meeting and found it very interesting and somewhat dismaying because of the financial situation.

zugbug

Re: Outstanding

Post by zugbug »

Good seeing you again at Boofest Bob. As you know, I tried a new tactic at Boofest this year, don't drink much and drive back to my camper at Oxbow to get a good night's sleep. Forget that for next year, its back to drinking heavily and passing out somewhere at Ronbo lodge. And Ron, thanks for having us again this year.

On my way back, driving thru the lovely hamlet of Downsville past midnight, where absolutely everyone is sleeping, suddenly, in my rearview mirror, there are flashing lights. I start to panic, thinking is that last sip of moonshine still lingering on my breath? I give the fine officer (for a second, I thought you may have playing a prank on me Bob) my license and registration, trying not to make eye contact or breathe his way. He goes back to his car, checks the credentials, comes back and says everything is OK, but the reason he stopped me was because my high beams were on! Didn't know that was a violation.

Lesson learned, when driving through Downsville, turn off the high beams and hit a deer, or have a conversation with Mr. Officer.

George

quadfish

Post by quadfish »

narcodog wrote:If you share your special fishing spot with Rick, I would not count on him reciprocating fully.
Rick who???? :o :o :o

As I recall, I didn't catch any fish that night either Nacro, but you said when you showed that spot to Dr. Bob, he caught a couple....
Oh, you're still upset about losing your favorite fly, sorry... :oops:
zugbug wrote:On my way back, driving thru the lovely hamlet of Downsville past midnight, where absolutely everyone is sleeping, suddenly, in my rearview mirror, there are flashing lights.
Not everybody has Dave Branches talent George!! :oops:

-Rick :D
"A man who would fool a fish with a feather would probably go to a brothel without carryng any money." Charles Dannen

Eperous

Post by Eperous »

zugbug wrote: ... On my way back, driving thru the lovely hamlet of Downsville past midnight, where absolutely everyone is sleeping, suddenly, in my rearview mirror, there are flashing lights. I start to panic, thinking is that last sip of moonshine still lingering on my breath? I give the fine officer (for a second, I thought you may have playing a prank on me Bob) my license and registration, trying not to make eye contact or breathe his way. He goes back to his car, checks the credentials, comes back and says everything is OK, but the reason he stopped me was because my high beams were on! Didn't know that was a violation. ...
I've been stopped there myself for pushing the speed limit in the 30 mph zone near the school/church... the Downsville cops are nice, not trying to squeeze a nickel out of everyone who passes through the hamlet... count your blessings...

Ed

Beaverkill

Post by Beaverkill »

Good seeing you Bob.. I tried to convince Joe to let me drop my trailer next to yours for the season but he nixed the idea...

Your gonna miss some good Joe bashing at the shop this weekend...Oh well.. See you next spring... Dan :evil:
Dan Ansbach

turk

Post by turk »

Nice seeing you Bob.
The boofest was super! Thanks again Ron.
Hope to see you in Sept. under huge skies.
Regards
Turk

catskilljohn

Post by catskilljohn »

Always good to see you Bob, glad you made it back safe...and with some cash in your pocket :lol: Those Catskill trips can get expensive :D I was really happy to hear you got to fish the historic and beautiful DeBruce water, that is worth a trip from Georgia in itself! Maybe not as historic and beautiful as Ronbo pond, but hey...you got to do both!

Take care man, CJ
"Gentlemen,remove your hats,this is it"
"This is where the trout was invented?"
"Oh he existed in a crude,primitive form in Waltons England"
"But this is where they painted spots on him and taught him to swim"

SgtMajUSMC

Post by SgtMajUSMC »

Bob,

It was great to see you. I wish I could have made it back down to do some fishing with you.
Working on getting the information we discussed.

Wish I'd known you needed some woodchuck while I was down, and should have asked following our discussions about Fran's dyed AP.
Thanks for the tour and hospitality, and for the tying materials and flies. I'll give them a try in Maine this week.
Hope you got some good fishing in...

Will be in touch.

Best,

Tim