so far

Everyone loves a good fish story!
Talk techniques, experiences , gear, etc
narcodog

so far

Post by narcodog »

Well so far I have fished the Big Horn, Boulder and west Boulder the Missouri. The North and South fork of the Flat head. All are fishin very well. I just can't land anything longer than 18in. These are fat, fat fish.. On the Big Mo there was a trico hatch like I have never seen, the water was silver with spent flies. The big fish were just gulping and gulping, unbelievable.

The IFFF tying was just get, not just because I was tying my Catskill style fishin flies but it seemed much better the the previous years.
Mike and Val were there Mike with camera in hand, shooting everything in site.

Dave Roberts was very kind and handed me a Wastch Tying light that Bob, Watsch gave him to give away. It was very unexpected and a very nice gesture..

Right now we are in Whitefish, MT doing laundry, then we'll be headed south toward, Fish Crick, the Big Hole and points south.

I don't know if I'll make it to the Boo Bash in Bozeman it's gonna be a little out of the way at this time.

mikevalla

Re: so far

Post by mikevalla »

The IFFF tying was just get, not just because I was tying my Catskill style fishin flies but it seemed much better the the previous years.
Yes, our Narco was tying flies at the IFFF show in Livingston, Montana. Narco gets around...last time I saw him was just a month before, in Roscoe, NY.

Follow me on Twitter

turk

Post by turk »

Hey Bob, sounds like you two are having fun!
Glad you're enjoying yourselves.
Laundry-What laundry? There are fish to be caught.
Enjoy :D
Turk

catskilljohn

Post by catskilljohn »

Great news Bob, and thanks Mike for the great photo's!

Keep at e'm Bob, those +20"ers are waiting to be had...just knot one of those beadhead nymphs to the tippet and hang on! :D [I recommend 5X for the fish over 20inches ;) ] CJ
"Gentlemen,remove your hats,this is it"
"This is where the trout was invented?"
"Oh he existed in a crude,primitive form in Waltons England"
"But this is where they painted spots on him and taught him to swim"

SgtMajUSMC

Post by SgtMajUSMC »

Bob,

Looking good! It sounds like you are having a great trip...enjoy!

Best,

Tim

tie2fish

Post by tie2fish »

Sounds like a marvelous adventure, Bob. Fish to your heart's content and please keep us in the loop.

David Roberts

Post by David Roberts »

Bob,
It was great to see you at the show, and have time to talk with you. I know it's a way off, and even further away to come, but I hope you will come again next year. For all tyers out there I will be tying chair again next year in Bend OR. if any of you would like to be invited please contact me. I would love to have some more Guild Tyers there.
David

ted patlen

Post by ted patlen »

good to see an east-coaster out there in the wild ,wild west.....give em hell narco !!

quadfish

Post by quadfish »

You look happy as always Nacro!!

So, when you talk about fishing it's "I" and when you talk about laundry it's "we"??? 8-)
Good going my friend!!
Hey, by the way, I picked up a set of the "Nacro inspired" hackle gauges from Joe on Saturday.., Sweet!! :D

-Rick :D
"A man who would fool a fish with a feather would probably go to a brothel without carryng any money." Charles Dannen

catskilljohn

Post by catskilljohn »

quadfish wrote: Hey, by the way, I picked up a set of the "Nacro inspired" hackle gauges from Joe on Saturday.., Sweet!! :D
The nacro gauge...nice! I love mine too :D CJ
"Gentlemen,remove your hats,this is it"
"This is where the trout was invented?"
"Oh he existed in a crude,primitive form in Waltons England"
"But this is where they painted spots on him and taught him to swim"