Howdy

Everyone loves a good fish story!
Talk techniques, experiences , gear, etc
BigSkyDave

Howdy

Post by BigSkyDave »

Howdy guys,

Newbie here. Eric suggested this forum. Glad he did. After 30+ years in Bozeman we'll be traveling North from Florida this summer to Nova Scotia before turning left. Looking forward to the hallowed rivers I've read of since a teen over 50 years ago as a Wis. farm boy tying Bergman's Trout flies when I shoulda been doing chores. I'm psyched!

Dave

wiFlyFisher

Re: Howdy

Post by wiFlyFisher »

BigSkyDave wrote:Howdy guys,

Newbie here. Eric suggested this forum. Glad he did. After 30+ years in Bozeman we'll be traveling North from Florida this summer to Nova Scotia before turning left. Looking forward to the hallowed rivers I've read of since a teen over 50 years ago as a Wis. farm boy tying Bergman's Trout flies when I shoulda been doing chores. I'm psyched!
Dave
A Montana cheesehead!! :D Are you going to swing through WI on your way back West?

catskilljohn

Post by catskilljohn »

Welcome Bigsky, happy to have you! Any friend of Eric's is a friend of ours :D CJ
"Gentlemen,remove your hats,this is it"
"This is where the trout was invented?"
"Oh he existed in a crude,primitive form in Waltons England"
"But this is where they painted spots on him and taught him to swim"

Eperous

Post by Eperous »

Welcome and safe travels... looking forward to hearing more about your adventures...

Ed

BigSkyDave

Post by BigSkyDave »

wiFlyFisher wrote:
BigSkyDave wrote:Howdy guys,

Dave
A Montana cheesehead!! :D Are you going to swing through WI on your way back West?
On Wis.--- I vaguely remember my first trout fishing trip. It began after closing the Congress (the bar where we all worked) with gathering the requiste trout offerings by crawling around the state capitol lawn with flashlights at 2AM pulling nightcrawlers and watch for cops. The rest is a bit of a blur. There was along drive west to a tiny stream. Someone may actually have caught a trout.

Somewhat similar in origin to the 2AM group decision to catch rattlesnakes in the same area. A first experience with adrenilin! Mine hangs in the doorway 5 feet behind me as I write.

And yes GO PACKERS!