"The Book of Fly Patterns" by Eric Leiser

Everyone loves a good fish story!
Talk techniques, experiences , gear, etc
quadfish

"The Book of Fly Patterns" by Eric Leiser

Post by quadfish » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:37 pm

I don't want to make this sound like an advertisement for a chain of bargain stores, but I guess in a way it is. I found myself in Middletown,NY yesterday doing some shopping with my wife. Lucky for me, I don't have to do that very often! I just wanted to let you guys know that The Leiser book of Fly Patterns, hard cover version is available at: Ollies Bargain Outlet: Good stuff cheap, for $9.99! :o I believe there were probably 8 more copies available.

I know our Esopus Ed sites this book quite often as an authority for some of the great old patterns. I have only thumbed through it briefly so far, but it looks like an awesome book!! The price is definitely right!! 8-)

-Rick :D
"A man who would fool a fish with a feather would probably go to a brothel without carryng any money." Charles Dannen

ted patlen

Re: "The Book of Fly Patterns" by Eric Leiser

Post by ted patlen » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:57 pm

the photos of teh flies are priceless...great book, not just a good book.

Eperous

Post by Eperous » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:13 pm

quadfish wrote: ... I know our Esopus Ed sites this book quite often as an authority for some of the great old patterns. I have only thumbed through it briefly so far, but it looks like an awesome book!! The price is definitely right!! 8-)
Rick, in these days of find whatever you want on the Internet, Leiser's The Book of Fly Patterns is my favorite pattern reference... ;)

Ed

narcodog

Post by narcodog » Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:34 pm

I refer to the book often, it never goes back on the shelf.

BruceC

Post by BruceC » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:25 am

That book, and the Complete Book of Fly Tying were among the first books I purchased. Found them both in a in a crazy antique/eclectic 5 story building in Kingston, NY many years ago. The place has everything from old sinks and windows, to estate book collections. They are still among my favorites and as stated above, a good pre-season read and refresher course. Great find, Rick.

Mr. Don

Post by Mr. Don » Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:48 pm

Mine is bent, dirty, glued, full of bits of fur and feathers, and autographed. Fantastic reference. Buy it! :)