WTO 2010 - World Tuscany Open

Everyone loves a good fish story!
Talk techniques, experiences , gear, etc
Alberto Calzolari

WTO 2010 - World Tuscany Open

Post by Alberto Calzolari »

Hello friends,

I just wish to inform you that this year it will be held in Italy the 3rd edition of the World Tuscany Open.
If anybody is interested to participate in this fly tying competition the rules are included here after. Or you can simply visit the web site of the Mosca Club Alto Tevere (http://www.moscaclubaltotevere.it/) to download the form to be filled.

Among the members of the jury there are names like our friend Mick Hall, Hans Van Klinken, Enrico Puglisi and several others, including many Italians and ....... myself.

We really hope to receive participation to the event by as many friends as possible.

Ciao

Alberto

WTO 2010

List of Jurors

Enrico Puglisi
Mick Hall
Igor e Nadica Stancev
Mark Bowler
Hans Van Klinken
Massimo Masi
Fabrizio Gajardoni
Alberto Calzolari
Antonio Pozzolini
Giuseppe Re
Fabio Federighi
Mauro Borselli
Federico Renzi
Mauro Raspini
Luca Castellani

FLY FISHING CATEGORIES

1) Paraleptophlebia submarginata – Dun Female – Fishing Fly
2) Grasshopper - Open – Realistic Fly
3) BullHead – Cottus gobio – Fishing Fly
4) Sea Crab – Open – Fishing Fly
5) Salmon Fly Fully Dressed –Piero della Francesca’s Fly
6) Open

WTO is open to all fly tiers, amateurs and professional
Fly Tiers can participate with one fly for one or more categories
The flies must be sent by post to : WTO Mosca Club Altotevere C.P. 186 – 52037 Sansepolcro (AR) Italy
IMPORTANT NOTICE :
Please use ordinary mail and ordinary bags or boxes, without sign in order to “Contain part of animals” or similar. All these bags will be stopped at the Customs Office.
Each fly must be clearly marked with : Category number, Name of the Fly and Dressing
Parcels with flies must contain the WTO form, complete and signed, available in the WTO Brochure or in the Internet Site http://www.moscaclubaltotevere.it

WTO start on April, 1st 2010, the deadline is September, 30th 2010
The flies entered in WTO are property of Mosca Club Altotevere, wich is autorised to use them and pictures of them any time desidered.
All flies tied with feathers and fur from animals mentioned in the CITES list, must be followed by the CITES certificate.
Flies will be disqualified if not in line with the competition rules
Alle the correspondence must be in Italian or English

For ther Salmon Fly Fully Dressed –Piero della Francesca’s Fly, the fly must be inspired at the famous painting "La Resurrezione"

PRIZES AND WINNERS

Winner of each categories, Gold Medal and WTO Diploma signed by all the jurors, second of each categories, Silver Medal and WTO Diploma signed by all the jurors, third of each categories, Bronze Medal and WTO Diploma signed by all the jurors. All the partecipants will receive WTO diploma signed by all the juror. Winners will be proclaimed during the annual dinner of Mosca Club Altotevere on November, Saturday 13th 2010. All participant are invited. The international juror list and the detailed program of the events on http://www.moscaclubaltotevere.it as soon as possible.
My web site : www.artisticflies.com

Alberto Calzolari

Re: WTO 2010 - World Tuscany Open

I just added the complete list of jury members.

Cheers

Alberto

roycestearns

Post by roycestearns »

Hi Alberto,
Is there a web page where we can see last years entries. The thought of tying a salmon fly based on a classic piece of art is hard for me to imagine. The entries must be incredible.

Great stuff.

Alberto Calzolari

Hello friends,

just wished to remind you that the deadline to receive flies for this WTO tying contest is the end of September.

I hope you will participate with some of your nice flies.

Take care and kind regards to all of you

Alberto

willowhead

Post by willowhead »

Thankx for the info Alberto.....always great to hear from you. Sure sounds interesting.....good luck to you and all the others. mark ;)

btw, where can we see the painting La Resurrezione? .......never mind, i found it. :D

Alberto Calzolari

Resurrection.jpg
Resurrection.jpg (102.45 KiB) Viewed 2565 times
Hi Mark, nice to hear from you as well. C'mon, sit at your tying desk and make few flies for the contest. And tell it to your friends.

Here is the picture of the Resurrection painting

Keep well my friend

Alberto

willowhead

Post by willowhead »

Alberto, i'm not in that leagh..... ;)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you my friend. 8-)

Misako sends her love and best wishes.....shes off fishing for Smallies with a bunch of girls. :D

Alberto Calzolari

Hello friends,

the dead line to send the flies is September 30th and the postal office stamp makes proof. I really hope some of you excellent tyers will take time to participate to the contest.

Look forward to see some of your works.

Kind regards

Alberto