Wow

Everyone loves a good fish story!
Talk techniques, experiences , gear, etc
narcodog
Posts: 1466
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:29 am

Wow

Post by narcodog »

Today I received an email inviting me to tye at Sowbug, I am flabbergasted. I'm not the best tyer but I do like to tye for others.

User avatar
Eperous
Posts: 5111
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:20 pm
Location: Catskills

Re: Wow

Post by Eperous »

narcodog wrote:Today I received an email inviting me to tye at Sowbug, I am flabbergasted. I'm not the best tyer but I do like to tye for others.
Well, congrats to you... ;) Seems like you've been "in hiding" of late on SGM, I guess getting ready for this event? :? :roll: :P

Best of luck, and good tying.... :D

Ed

squish67
Posts: 520
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 9:56 am
Location: Greenwich, New York

Re: Wow

Post by squish67 »

That's great news! :o :D :shock: :D :D :D

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, what's Sowbug? :? :? :? :? :?

narcodog
Posts: 1466
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:29 am

Re: Wow

Post by narcodog »

squish67 wrote:That's great news! :o :D :shock: :D :D :D

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, what's Sowbug? :? :? :? :? :?
SowBug is a major fly tying get together in Mountain Home Ark. They usually have 100 tyers and many programs. The money raised is used for scholarships in the area.

ted patlen
Posts: 1986
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:03 am

Re: Wow

Post by ted patlen »

congrats narc


have fun!

tie2fish
Posts: 620
Joined: Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:39 pm
Location: Harford County, Maryland

Re: Wow

Post by tie2fish »

Good on you, Bob. According to a now departed friend who lived in that area and was very active in the event, the Sowbug shindig is a real hoot.

catskilljohn
Posts: 4312
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:03 am
Location: Yardley,PA- Jeffersonville,NY

Re: Wow

Post by catskilljohn »

What are you so surprised about? Everyone loves your company :D

Good for you Bob, have a great time and give e'm hell! CJ
"Gentlemen,remove your hats,this is it"
"This is where the trout was invented?"
"Oh he existed in a crude,primitive form in Waltons England"
"But this is where they painted spots on him and taught him to swim"

wiFlyFisher
Posts: 812
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:15 pm
Location: Wisconsin
Contact:

Re: Wow

Post by wiFlyFisher »

Awesome Bob!!

And now I too know what Sowbug is. :D :D

bearbutt
Posts: 524
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:36 pm

Re: Wow

Post by bearbutt »

narcodog wrote: SowBug is a major fly tying get together in Mountain Home Ark. They usually have 100 tyers and many programs. The money raised is used for scholarships in the area.
Congratulations! Sounds like a cool event--100 tyers tying and drinking and bullshitting.

My question is: how is money raised at such an event? I once went to a show and met Patlen, who said to me "the bullshit is free"--so I keep wondering, after all this tying, and all this money we spend hoarding hooks and Wonder Wax and vintage French tinsel--where's the money to be raised?

bb

narcodog
Posts: 1466
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:29 am

Re: Wow

Post by narcodog »

bearbutt wrote:
narcodog wrote: SowBug is a major fly tying get together in Mountain Home Ark. They usually have 100 tyers and many programs. The money raised is used for scholarships in the area.
Congratulations! Sounds like a cool event--100 tyers tying and drinking and bullshitting.

My question is: how is money raised at such an event? I once went to a show and met Patlen, who said to me "the bullshit is free"--so I keep wondering, after all this tying, and all this money we spend hoarding hooks and Wonder Wax and vintage French tinsel--where's the money to be raised?

bb
They sell tickets to the event, sell food and have auctions and a dinner.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest