A granddaughter's story...

Everyone loves a good fish story!
Talk techniques, experiences , gear, etc
Eperous

A granddaughter's story...

Post by Eperous »

Had planned to post this July 4th weekend, but various issues with the bulletin board delayed that... very happy to see Sparse is back up and running... :D

W-Rose-Taylor Rose.JPG
W-Rose-Taylor Rose.JPG (276.54 KiB) Viewed 637 times

Taylor Rose--- our first grandchild, the older of two granddaughters, the belle of the ball, a special young lady--- a princess, who holds a key to my spirit. Last year Taylor graduated Cum Laude with a college degree in Psychology, and has since taken up fly-fishing for trout. This young woman remains one of the hardest working youthful folks I ever knew, so when she asked about trout fishing with me, the excitement I felt went off the charts.

We had an "all-hands" family event east of the Hudson in Dutchess County, 4th of July weekend. All our children, and grandchildren, and significant others/spouses would be there. Beforehand, Taylor and I fished the Wassaic River for about 1½ hot, steamy hours.

I've never fished this river before, but was assured it supports wild brown trout. Thus I was anxious to share the experience with Taylor, but wish I could have been a better guide. The river was slightly stained from recent rainfall, and day's weather a tad threatening. Other than one small trout that came up to look at Taylor's dry fly once, we never nicked, nor moved a fish.

After we finished to head back to the family party, we discussed fishing together again in a couple weeks, either waters I know in the Catskills, or maybe the Adirondacks.

Over the years I've fished with both sons and two daughters--- though I regret having not devoted more attention to these ladies--- plus all our five grandsons. Having said that, this was very special outing for me, and my greatest hope was I didn't affront our first-born, who has yet to fish with his daughter--- our Taylor Rose.

W-Rose-Us.JPG
W-Rose-Us.JPG (356.96 KiB) Viewed 637 times

Our granddaughter has since requested to fish together again and now we're trying to find in open date in her busy work schedule as she holds down two job!

Ed

redietz

Re: A granddaughter's story...

Post by redietz »

Lucky man!
Bob

Mantis

Post by Mantis »

I love that!!! You are indeed a lucky Grandpa, and a damn good one at that!

ted patlen

Post by ted patlen »

redietz wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:11 am
Lucky man!

MAJOR DITTO

Theroe

Post by Theroe »

Ed
that's really fantastic -THE essence of life.
“Time to go fishing”

reservoirman

Post by reservoirman »

it don't get any better than that

Crepuscular

Post by Crepuscular »

Absolutely wonderful stuff Ed. Lucky man indeed!