Registering?

redietz

Registering?

Post by redietz »

How does somebody not a member register here? I got asked the question by a guy I know (and whom several others and the board know) and I can't answer it. There doesn't seem to be a "register" link, which I thought was near the "login" link.
Bob

Eperous

Re: Registering?

Post by Eperous »

Bob... I think when you try to Login, if one is not a member, that person is queried asking if he/she wants to register?

Ed

redietz

Post by redietz »

I pretty much tried that by trying to log in as Fred Flintstone. It just tells me that's an invalid user name, and offers to let me contact the site adminstrators if I continue to have problems. Now, that might be the proper procedure, but I'd like to make sure before passing the advice along.
Bob

Joe Fox

Post by Joe Fox »

I should have addressed this sooner in a thread. The spammer problem is so bad lately I turn off registration till a problem could be found.
Forums running phpBB software, like us, have almost all been having the same problems. We have tried a few different things but nothing has been effective. In the past we were dealing with bots, but these are all human spammers, a much harder problem to deal with.

If anyone wants to create an account I can do that for them. Just e-mail joe@dettetroutflies.com with
Username (Length must be between 3 and 20 characters.)

I will then e-mail you a password. Once you log in you can change the password, buy more importantly you will be all set.

BrownBear

Post by BrownBear »

Sad that it has to come to this state of affairs, but I suspect I'm speaking for lots of folks in expressing my thanks for your work.

redietz

Post by redietz »

Joe -

Thanks for information; I've passed it along.

And I'll echo what BrownBear said expressing thanks for your work.
Bob