Is this the official new member place???

Laminarman

Is this the official new member place???

Post by Laminarman » Wed May 31, 2017 9:36 pm

Where have you guys been? I'm 53, have been fly fishing the Catskills since age 10, and this forum was just found by me. It seems like a fit. I'll post this ONE post for a few days, to prove I'm not a spammer. To PROVE I'm not a spammer I offer the following:

I watched Lee Wulff fish the Hazel pool on the Willowemoc about 1980 when I was in 10th grade

The last time I was in Walt Dette's fly shop was about 1984 on a college break and he offered me a cup of coffee or water. I was soaked and he seemed concerned. I finally went back last week. His grandson ?? I believe was nice so I'll be back often.

I fished the pool below the Deposit Men's Club well before there was a parking lot

I used to eat at Roods Creek Diner (now THAT should prove I'm not spamming)

Towards Hancock I fished across from the West Branch Angler across from the burned out farm and it's now got a guard rail

Last time I saw Harry Darbee he was very elderly and asleep in his chair and it was the first time I saw him and then he passed

I used to live in the old Orvis store in Roscoe and visit Dot and Budge???? forget their names...and he said, "Son, don't ever buy a house on a trout river or own a fishing store, you'll do chores and work and fish less than you want to..." Never forgot that

I almost got hit by lightning beneath the old Fish's Eddy bridge in about '82 while lighting into fish left and right with my own turkey wing caddis tie until I buried my last one in my neck to the bend and a kind gent yanked it out with pliers and straightened it so I could continue fishing

Finally, what I remember most is driving out as a teen to fly fish, from Binghamton, even for an hour before dark, and NOT having crowds nudge up against me and remembering, "I want to live here because it's so peaceful and beautiful." I moved back. It's not the same, NY is awful in so many ways, there are too many fishermen, but I still love it.

So I hope you see I'm not a spammer and will welcome me, because you seem to be a cerebral bunch.

redietz

Re: Is this the official new member place???

Post by redietz » Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:03 am

Laminarman wrote:Where have you guys been?
More to the point, is where have you been? :)

Welcome, from someone who doesn't get to the Catskills nearly often enough.
Bob

Laminarman

Post by Laminarman » Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:35 am

redietz wrote:
Laminarman wrote:Where have you guys been?
More to the point, is where have you been? :)

Welcome, from someone who doesn't get to the Catskills nearly often enough.
I have no clue how you didn't find me :lol: I thought I knew all the good forums, guess not. I've enjoyed bouncing around looking at threads here.

Theroe

Post by Theroe » Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:29 pm

Welcome to the best forum!
“Time to go fishing”

JoeCz

Post by JoeCz » Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:07 am

Welcome! With your history in the region I hope you post often. I'm a relative beginner myself, but trying to learn as much as I can.

Joe

Laminarman

Post by Laminarman » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:08 am

JoeCz wrote:Welcome! With your history in the region I hope you post often. I'm a relative beginner myself, but trying to learn as much as I can.

Joe
Thank you kindly : )