Thinking Fall 2012

Anything fly tying...
Fontinalis

Thinking Fall 2012

Post by Fontinalis » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:22 pm

Well it's been a long hot summer so far and we are now into August. I found a love affair with Bluegrass Music and have been playing down in South Jersey on Saturday night in Jam Sessions every weekend. Well since it's August the old grouchy hibernating guitar playing dog has woken up and started tying flies for the upcoming fall fly fishing. Tying a lot of wets and some streamers. Just curious if any one else is getting the fall itch????

Sincererly
Andy Brasko

Eperous

Re: Thinking Fall 2012

Post by Eperous » Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:03 pm

Still into summer Andy ;) , but YES I'm getting the "fall itch"... :D

Ed

PS - Can you believe local "big box" stores are selling "back-to-school" supplies as of August 1st!!!!! :o :shock:

catskilljohn

Post by catskilljohn » Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:13 pm

Ummm, we are still enjoying the summer trout :lol:

Always look forward to the fall, but I dont like to rush it, with the recent rain the fishing is still good. I do enjoy tying fresh streamers for colorful browns, and crisp fall mornings are really nice in the Catskills. CJ
"Gentlemen,remove your hats,this is it"
"This is where the trout was invented?"
"Oh he existed in a crude,primitive form in Waltons England"
"But this is where they painted spots on him and taught him to swim"

redietz

Post by redietz » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:27 am

Fontinalis wrote:Well it's been a long hot summer so far and we are now into August. I found a love affair with Bluegrass Music and have been playing down in South Jersey on Saturday night in Jam Sessions every weekend.
Andy -
Who have you been jamming with? I played BG (dobro) around South Jersey for years.
Bob

Fontinalis

Post by Fontinalis » Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:06 pm

Hi redietz:

Been playing at Albert Music Hall in Waretown every Saturday night in the Picken Shed and on the porch with various people wanting to play Blue Grass. Sometimes Chops joins in and the session really takes off.

Also a member of the Old Time Music and Bluegrass Association in Little Silver and will be starting back playing there once a month in Jam sessions.

I did not know that you play Dobro. I have a Martin D-16GT and A Taylor DN4. Both Guitars can handle and boom in Bluegrass. I have been playing a lot of back up as of late. Lot of Carter strums and Monroes walking bass runs as well. Finally gettting into flat picking and having a ball with it.

Sincerely
Andy