Sparse Gray Matter Fest 2014

Anything fly tying...
Joe Fox

Sparse Gray Matter Fest 2014

Post by Joe Fox »

Shannon's Fly & Tackle and Dettes Flies invites you to our 4th annual Sparse Grey Matter Fly Fest on Sunday Feb. 23, 2014 from 10am to 4 pm. All are welcome to come tie flies and/or watch some of the areas finest tyers. This is an informal gathering of tyers and fly fishermen and a great way to spend a cold Sunday in February. There is no charge, but donations are gladly accepted. Food and beverages are available.

More soon!
https://www.facebook.com/events/264753883679274/

Bud

Re: Sparse Gray Matter Fest 2014

Post by Bud »

Bummer--looks like I've got to work. I'm behind on a project and have to put my shoulder to the wheel, my nose to the grindstone, and my butt in gear. Sounds painful, I know, but so is missing the SGM Fest. :cry:

Tyrone Slothrop won't be there, either, but then, he never actually shows up.

--Bud
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. And inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.
-- Marx (Groucho)

Ronbo

Post by Ronbo »

Had a great time today at the grey matter fest. great to get out and do some tying with some great friends.
Thanks Joe, Dan and of course Catskill John for a great day !!!! been a while lol.

quadfish

Post by quadfish »

Hey Bud I missed you yesterday, but at least Dan Ahnsback thought you were there!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

He was calling me "Bud" for half the day, why does that seem to happen?? I just thought he couldn't remember my name, you know "hey Bud..."
Same thing at the Somerset show, people talking to me at the Guild booth as if I was you :shock:

At least I'm glad you are such a handsome fella!!

-Rick :D
"A man who would fool a fish with a feather would probably go to a brothel without carryng any money." Charles Dannen

Bud

Post by Bud »

Rick--

Well, I'm glad I was there, even if I wasn't. :?

All aging doofuses like us, guys with gray beards and glasses, look pretty much alike. I have a picture of a bunch of guys sitting on the deck of the Oasis after a three-day float of the Deschutes. My wife always says that if she didn't recognize my hat, she wouldn't know which one I was.

There are days even now when I feel the same, just looking in the mirror. :o

--Bud
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. And inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.
-- Marx (Groucho)