"Brook Fin"/ "The Classic Wet Fly Box"

Wets, the subtle art form where masters are few and far between.
mikevalla

"Brook Fin"/ "The Classic Wet Fly Box"

Post by mikevalla »

Fundraising book #2: [/i], "The Classic Wet Fly Box", is completed, and was shipped to the Publisher yesterday. 100 classics, It's book #2 in the "5 book series" planned--same size and format. All 5 will go into a slip case, when they're all out.

This 100 fly series is not "Bergman Illustrator" centric. Bergman, of course, is included. But it reflects the myriad styles, patterns, history of many--William Blades, Liz Greig, Jim Deren, etc. And the stories of American Presidents, and your average dude on a trout stream, and how they loved them all.

-There was a lot of angst is getting those 100 completed. Now, I can throw out all those quills---at least store them away!

The last fly tied, was the Brook Fin (not to be confused with the Fontinalis Fin). And with that, it was all over---finally.

Now, I have to figure out where thr Royalties should go--CFFCM?, TGF?, TU?, The Joe Fox new float boat fund? There are a lot of worthy organizations---

Follow me on Twitter

catskilljohn

Re: "Brook Fin"/ "The Classic Wet Fly Box"

Post by catskilljohn »

mikevalla wrote: Now, I have to figure out where thr Royalties should go--CFFCM?, TGF?, TU?, The Joe Fox new float boat fund? There are a lot of worthy organizations---
How about the Mike and Valerie fund? Come on Mikey, you work hard at this, its not a crime to reap some of the reward ;) CJ
"Gentlemen,remove your hats,this is it"
"This is where the trout was invented?"
"Oh he existed in a crude,primitive form in Waltons England"
"But this is where they painted spots on him and taught him to swim"

Ronbo

Post by Ronbo »

I know Mike is extremly generous with his time and effort. :D
But I was leaning to the Joe fox drift boat fund.
Hey joe you mind if I borrow your boat ;) :lol:

dennis

Post by dennis »

Mike,

Great looking fly as usual. Appreciate you sharing a few classic wets with us and will be looking forward to the wet fly book.

All the above organizations are great places to help out. But I agree with CJ, even if you have put allot of pleasurable hard work :) in this you and Valerie should do something special with the rewards.
Life is too short my friend. :) Although, Joe's float boat fund.......... :o :shock: :lol: :oops: Dennis

mikevalla

Post by mikevalla »

Appreciate you sharing a few classic wets with us and will be looking forward to the wet fly book.
The Wets title is done and submitted. Publishers told me yesterday that it's already in-process, and they've scheduled/reserved "print-time" and a release date for early May.. So, that's 2 done in the 5-book series. I'll have to ask around what organizations are looking for $$ for some worthy project.

#3 is also already scheduled---for November, 2011 release. I am only 20 flies into it...but want it out of my hands before "syrup season", and trout season..and summer.

Speaking of Streamers, does anyone know what became of/happened to Ernie Viner? One of the finest Streamer guys in his era, known nationally. He had a place over in New Hampshire..I think as far back as the late 60's..if not before . I'm tying one of his versions of a pattern, today.

-M
Follow me on Twitter

Mike Norwood

Post by Mike Norwood »

Looking forward to the book, Mike. Gorgeous Brook Fin.

Mike

Joe Fox

Post by Joe Fox »

I don't like the idea of the book money going into my boat. Then everyone who has a copy will feel like they should have a ride.

Mike,
Is book 5 going to be classic flash flies?

-Joe