Supplies

Allan

Supplies

Post by Allan »

Just a funny story, maybe some of you can relate, where the 'punchline' was just sounded. Several years ago I bought about 40 full skeins of large sized fl. chenille of all colors plus many partially used skeins as well as cards of the small size chenille. I bought these from a widow whose husband tied a lot of bass bugs and large flies commercially. Anyway, I sold all the large size skeins and only kept the smaller stuff. Well, a few weeks ago I was asked to tie some steelhead flies for a fund raiser and ended up having to order cards of large fl. chenilles.
Somewhere in there is a morale to that story :lol: Anyone else have a similar experience?

Allan

Tyler Straight

Re: Supplies

Post by Tyler Straight »

Done that enough times that I no longer sell or give away any fly tying material.
>'>>><
>'>>><
>'>>><
Tyler Straight
Autumn Siren Flies
http://www.AutumnSirenFlies.blogspot.com
http://www.SteelheadontheFly.blogspot.com

catskilljohn

Post by catskilljohn »

What happens to me is I cant find it, buy it again and after the need for it is over the original stuff appears in the very first place I look. I guess that's better than not having it at all :lol: CJ
"Gentlemen,remove your hats,this is it"
"This is where the trout was invented?"
"Oh he existed in a crude,primitive form in Waltons England"
"But this is where they painted spots on him and taught him to swim"

Allan

Post by Allan »

catskilljohn wrote:What happens to me is I cant find it, buy it again and after the need for it is over the original stuff appears in the very first place I look. I guess that's better than not having it at all :lol: CJ
CJ,

Whatever you're looking for will be in the last place you look :lol: