Pheasant Tail & Plover

Wets, the subtle art form where masters are few and far between.
joaniebo

Pheasant Tail & Plover

Post by joaniebo » Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:02 pm

Did these awhile back. Since I got a new Golden Plover skin from Cookshill a couple months ago, I better get busy usin more Plover hackles.
Attachments
Pheasant Tail & Golden Plover.jpg
Pheasant Tail & Golden Plover.jpg (71.4 KiB) Viewed 365 times

Brookie

Re: Pheasant Tail & Plover

Post by Brookie » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:37 pm

Very nice! Did not know about Golden Plover, looks similar to Ruffed Grouse. Are the skins less expensive?

joaniebo

Post by joaniebo » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:16 pm

I get all of my game skins and wings from Steve Cooper at Cookshill in the UK. The Golden Plover skins cost £40.00 each (approx. $60.00) and are very scarce with a long waiting list. But it's worth it to get on the list and wait until your name turns up for a skin and / or wings. Snipe and Waterhen hackles also have waiting lists.

I get all my Partridge and hen skins from Dave Roberts at The Feather Emporium.... have been buying from Dave Roberts for many years and a great place to visit so you can pick out exactly what you want.

St.Froid

Post by St.Froid » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:41 pm

Those flies are beautiful. I think I'm going to try my hand at dyeing and see if I can take some of these Grouse I've got stockpiled and come up with a poor man's Golden Plover.

joaniebo

Post by joaniebo » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:00 pm

St. Froid

Send me a message with your name and address and I'll mail a few Golden Plover hackles to you.

Bob