Am I sub-human because I don't like my bobbin cradle??

Anything fly tying...
Laminarman

Am I sub-human because I don't like my bobbin cradle??

Post by Laminarman »

I got my first rotary, a Renzetti Traveler, last year as I'm getting more into tying than I have in 20 years. Then I did the unthinkable after discovering JStockard, I "PIMPED" my vise. I don't know what got into me. Magnifying glass, attached light, the Renzetti bobbin cradle, low profile trash bin, the card thingy to make it easier on my eyes, then a parachute thingy like a rainbow above the whole shebang. For God's sake I couldnt' even work I had so much crap hanging off it. So now I have the trash bin, profile card and light, that's it. The bobbin cradle has been on and off again and I just think it wastes time and frustrates me. I seem quicker, but maybe less precise, doing it the old fashioned way. Now I feel bad I got a rotary since I'm not using it as intended. I feel like a gray haired dude who bought a Vette but drives it 50mph and keeps it covered. Am I a total outlier? Also, you can tell I'm bored at work right now.

Theroe

Re: Am I sub-human because I don't like my bobbin cradle??

Post by Theroe »

Laminarman wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:04 pm
Also, you can tell I'm bored at work right now.
:D :D :D always a good reason to post!!! :D :D

PS: ME TOO!
“Time to go fishing”

Laminarman

Post by Laminarman »

Theroe, unfortunately bored doesn't pay the mortgage or the fly tying materials bill!! This ice and snow screwed up my schedule, should have brought the vise : )

redietz

Post by redietz »

You may be sub-human for using a rotary vise in the first place, but removing the bobbin cradle is the first step toward evolving.
Bob

Laminarman

Post by Laminarman »

redietz wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:19 pm
You may be sub-human for using a rotary vise in the first place, but removing the bobbin cradle is the first step toward evolving.
At least I'm laughing out loud at work now. Thank you!! :lol: :lol:

Eperous

Post by Eperous »

redietz wrote:
I have a cradle for my HMH that I never used, a total waste of $ among other fly-tying things... n never used my magnifying glass either... BUT, can't tie a single fly with a white backboard behind my vise... :oops:

... n love my HMH standard vise that allows me to examine all angles of a fly, IF I want... ;)

Just saying... :|

Ed

Laminarman

Post by Laminarman »

Eperous wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:58 pm
redietz wrote:
I have a cradle for my HMH that I never used, a total waste of $ among other fly-tying things... n never used my magnifying glass either... BUT, can't tie a single fly with a white backboard behind my vise... :oops:

... n love my HMH standard vise that allows me to examine all angles of a fly, IF I want... ;)

Just saying... :|

Ed
I pulled the sucker right off this weekend and put in a shelf, I'm so much happier now : )