Leeches

Eperous

Leeches

Post by Eperous »

How I love Leeches... my favorite streamer, and maybe even favorite trout fly - bar none... I've probably caught/released more big trout on this pattern than any other 2 or 3 fly patterns combined... thus I spent my morning tying Leeches for 2011...

A few different Leeches,

My all-time favorite - a Black Leech on a #10 Mustad 9672 hook:

Some browns seduced and released in 2010 on that Black Leech pattern:

19 inches & cane:

21 plus inches:

I've posted this one before, 20 plus inches - next to last day of 2010 trout season:

And my best Catskill river brown ever, 23" plus... I spent a year - two different seasons fishing for this brown... hooked it several times, finally it wouldn't let go of my Black Leech:

These are just a few... if I had but one fly, give me a Black Leech please... ;)

Ed

Joe Fox

Re: Leeches

Post by Joe Fox »

All great fish. I also like the fly simple and looks like hell! How perfect easy to tie and you can only mess it up it you try to make it look pretty.
Joe

catskilljohn

Post by catskilljohn »

Thats a nice bunch of big trout buddy, its safe to say your dressing works. Great post. CJ
"Gentlemen,remove your hats,this is it"
"This is where the trout was invented?"
"Oh he existed in a crude,primitive form in Waltons England"
"But this is where they painted spots on him and taught him to swim"

Richard

Post by Richard »

I think I remember seeing those same pictures ten years ago

Eperous

Post by Eperous »

Richard wrote:I think I remember seeing those same pictures ten years ago
Back home from Christmas visits to find this... so that's you "little buddy".... busting on me... :cry: nice, I hope when you fish the Esopus this coming season you have some place to hang your hat and dry your waders since you won't be staying with Lois and I... :lol: and when, did we get so formal... :? RICHARD is the name now... Got it...

So this is my fishing buddy, one of "the Jersey boys"...

Might as well introduce everyone else here... from left to right... the Bowmaster, Stickball Finn, me, Sweetpea or aka the Sucker Master, and the short, fat guy on the extreme right is "RICHARD of SGM"...and as long as we are slandering folks here, let me give all the readers a fishing tip... check out the guy on the left, the Bowmaster.... if you are ever driving by a river and see him catching trout, stop the car, and start fishing... cause if he is, anyone can.... but let me forewarn you, whatever you do, never, ever challenge the Bowmaster to a drinking contest.... you'll lose and be flat on you a#@..

My buddies...

Ed

PS - Richard, I'm proud of you man... didn't know you knew how to turn on the p/c, use the keyboard, and join a bulletin board... :o

dennis

Post by dennis »

Great picture ed, WTF everyone has a rod except you and sweetpea. :o Oh, I know you two were guiding right :?: :P :P

Eperous

Post by Eperous »

dennis wrote:Great picture ed, WTF everyone has a rod except you and sweetpea. :o Oh, I know you two were guiding right :?: :P :P
Dennis, Sweetpea does have a rod, in fact, he owns quite a few... :o In that picture, however, check his left foot (right side)... if you still don't see, clean your glasses... :lol: as for me, I set the timer on my camera sitting on the roof of my Subaru.... so, no running with cane please.... ;)

PS - I don't show that pic often, I don't want to scare people.... :P

Ed

Joe Fox

Post by Joe Fox »

I'm sure the two are unrelated but since you posted that picture there has been a steep drop in new members :)

dennis

Post by dennis »

Eperous wrote:
dennis wrote:Great picture ed, WTF everyone has a rod except you and sweetpea. :o Oh, I know you two were guiding right :?: :P :P
Dennis, Sweetpea does have a rod, in fact, he owns quite a few... :o In that picture, however, check his left foot (right side)... if you still don't see, clean your glasses... :lol: as for me, I set the timer on my camera sitting on the roof of my Subaru.... so, no running with cane please.... ;)

PS - I don't show that pic often, I don't want to scare people.... :P

Ed
:oops: :o :shock: :oops: Well, I'll be a monkeys uncle. :lol: :oops:

Eperous

Post by Eperous »

Joe Fox wrote:I'm sure the two are unrelated but since you posted that picture there has been a steep drop in new members :)
That one really made me laugh.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ed