Tedd Ward

Wets, the subtle art form where masters are few and far between.
BruceC

Re: Tedd Ward

Post by BruceC »

While going through some boxes this weekend, I came across this box of Tedd Ward flies. I picked it up at the museum flea market a number of years ago. It came with a note indicating that all flies were tied by Tedd Ward with a reference to see Syl Nemes' books to learn more. So better late than never here are some photos of Tedd Ward flies.
Attachments
IMG_0969.jpeg
IMG_0969.jpeg (195.88 KiB) Viewed 560 times
IMG_0970.jpeg
IMG_0970.jpeg (206.03 KiB) Viewed 560 times
IMG_0972.jpeg
IMG_0972.jpeg (197.61 KiB) Viewed 560 times

shakey

Post by shakey »

very interesting to see pass lakes mixed in there.

Variant

Post by Variant »

BruceC wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:14 pm
While going through some boxes this weekend, I came across this box of Tedd Ward flies. I picked it up at the museum flea market a number of years ago. It came with a note indicating that all flies were tied by Tedd Ward with a reference to see Syl Nemes' books to learn more. So better late than never here are some photos of Tedd Ward flies.
Hi Bruce,
Thanks for the photos. If you look in SOFT-HACKLED FLY IMITATIONS by NEMES he give credit to and shows some of Wards soft hackle patterns . I met him (Ward)on the Delaware River years ago and we traded a few patterns , really nice guy. One of the guys on the forum knew Ward and said he was originally from Michigan I believe .
Thanks , Lou