Saturday opener

Vance

Re: Saturday opener

Post by Vance » Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:31 am

Ed, Just read your post and very interesting. I for one have never really taken pictures. I enjoy looking at pictures but never gotten into picture taking. I don’t know why maybe because my parents never took pictures. But as for you and catskill John please keep the pictures coming. Ed, I really enjoy the pictures of the eagles you take. Bill Vance

catskilljohn

Post by catskilljohn » Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:11 pm

tailwater wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:13 am
So nice to read a report without having to see the fish to prove you caught them.
That’s an odd statement. I think if you took a poll on how many members enjoyed the pictures you would likely be the only one who doesn’t.

If you like reports with no pictures, you can find them on Joes shop page. Search “stream report”

Prove you caught them....huh. CJ
"Gentlemen,remove your hats,this is it"
"This is where the trout was invented?"
"Oh he existed in a crude,primitive form in Waltons England"
"But this is where they painted spots on him and taught him to swim"

redietz

Post by redietz » Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:25 am

catskilljohn wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:11 pm

That’s an odd statement. I think if you took a poll on how many members enjoyed the pictures you would likely be the only one who doesn’t.
I can't say that I find that pictures of fish add a whole lot to post, unless they're somehow special or unusual fish. I enjoy Ed's underwater shots, and shots of especially colorful fish, but in general, I already know what a trout looks like and learn nothing new from seeing yet another one.

This is not the same as saying that I believe that people post pics to prove anything, and I know many people enjoy them, but there are times when I have a slow internet connection and wish the picture weren't there, especially when multiple people quote the post and don't edit out the picture.
Bob

catskilljohn

Post by catskilljohn » Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:32 am

Ok, so 2 guys don’t like them😂

Good point bob, I didn’t think about the slow picture loading, mostly because I use a phone and nothing’s slow.

CJ
"Gentlemen,remove your hats,this is it"
"This is where the trout was invented?"
"Oh he existed in a crude,primitive form in Waltons England"
"But this is where they painted spots on him and taught him to swim"

narcodog

Post by narcodog » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:05 am

Personally I take a few photo's just to remind me of the beauty of the fish. Saying that there are times that one cannot capture it. A case in point, I landed a grayling a few years ago, it was one of the most, no ,it was the most beautiful fish I have ever landed. The camera was not able to capture the iridescence of that fish. There are fish along the way that I like to go back and visit from time to time and remember that particular moment in time.

A couple of weeks ago I went to a gathering of friends which all still work and know I get to fish a lot of places. To a man they all asked me to post the photo's of the fish I catch and the places I go. So I have a "following" of folks the live vicariously through my travels. I have a good life and wife.

St.Froid

Post by St.Froid » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:24 am

Well, I too, enjoy living vicariously through the piscatorial exploits of others and I particularly love the pictures of the fish they catch; so post away. Just look at the diversity in colors of the brook trout Alan posts over on Small Stream Reflections; I never get tired of his fish pics. Every picture tells a story...

Eperous

Post by Eperous » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:08 am

narcodog wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:05 am
... Saying that there are times that one cannot capture it. ...
I find this statement about photograph especially true of some of my amateur attempts at trying to capture specific landscape scenes, so my wife can use these as models to create watercolors from... :x :(

Ed