March Brown

Vance

March Brown

Post by Vance » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:09 pm

Hello Folks, Well finally made to the Bkill yesterday afternoon. Missed the first 4 trout that took a swipe at my fly then after swearing at myself caught 4 in a row. That was Tuesday and today Wed. Caught 7 and missed 3. All trout caught were on a March Brown except for one Wed. evening which I caught on a caddis fly.. I always fish the kill area which is loaded with fish. I don’t know of a single person that kills any trout. Every fish caught was very healthy and very feisty. They all put on a great fight and all were 11 inches or better. One more day up here then back home to Jersey. I just can’t get my wife to move up to the Roscoe area but I’ll keep on trying. Will let everyone know how I make out tomorrow. Saw very few flies hatching but they just kept on hitting the MarchBrown dry fly. That it, Bill The mailman

Eperous

Re: March Brown

Post by Eperous » Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:52 am

Good 4 U, Bill... ;)

Vance

Post by Vance » Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:06 am

Ed, Look at my other post called B’kill. Maybe you could clue me in on what they were taking? It was so frustrating that I could not catch one or even have one on for a few seconds. Bill

Eperous

Post by Eperous » Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:28 pm

Vance wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:06 am
Ed, Look at my other post called B’kill. Maybe you could clue me in on what they were taking? It was so frustrating that I could not catch one or even have one on for a few seconds. Bill
Been there, done that... :cry:

If I could help myself, I'd gladly help you... the other day on the Esopus, trout were banging our flies, bumping our flies, smacking our flies, rolling over our flies, doing everything but eating 'em... :? persistence paid off ;) , we caught a few nice ones... :)

Ed

Vance

Post by Vance » Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:34 pm

Ed, Thanks for the feed back. At least I am not the only one that has days where every thing you throw at them is wrong. Catch you later in the week. Bill

Theroe

Post by Theroe » Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:12 pm

Bill - try a small(size 16-18) rusty spinner, dressed SPARSE.

Dana
“Time to go fishing”