Moving out west, while I'm still young?

Everyone loves a good fish story!
Talk techniques, experiences , gear, etc
quadfish

Moving out west, while I'm still young?

Post by quadfish » Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:00 pm

I'm not leaving SGM, but while we are still somewhat young, the Wife and I are retiring and headed out to Santa Rosa, CA to spend some quality years travelling and keeping my Mom company. What started as friendships in cyberspace even before SGM on Classic Trout and Catskill Flies Forum has turned into some great personal friendships as well! Heck, I even know some of you guys by first names! Ed (Eperous), Tim (SgtMgrUSMC), Chuck (Bareywine), Bobby (Narcodog), Ronnie (Ronbo), George (Zugbug), CJ (CatskillJohn), Turk (Turk) :D , Kavanaugh (Flymank), Bruce (BruceC), aw the list goes on and on..

I just wanted to say that it's has been a blast seeing you guys at times over the years, hanging out, tying flies, telling lies and doing the stuff we all like to do! I still plan to come back in the Spring in some years to fish the Catskill hatches! I hope to stay in touch with you guys! One thing I will have trouble doing is coming back in early February for Fly Fest.... :cry: I hope you guys keep it going and take care of yourselves!!

Yer ol pal, Rick (quadfish)
"A man who would fool a fish with a feather would probably go to a brothel without carryng any money." Charles Dannen

SgtMajUSMC

Re: Moving out west, while I'm still young?

Post by SgtMajUSMC » Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:58 pm

Hi Rick,
You've been a good friend, and I'll miss you. Good on you for making the move for the right reasons, though. You're a good man. I'll also miss your ladies, and all the great work they do at Fly Fest.
Any chance you'll make it up to fish before the big move?
Thanks for everything!
Best,
Tim

quadfish

Post by quadfish » Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:29 am

Tim,
Thank you for always being there, you've been a great friend to me! Unfortunately, no time left to fish buddy...

I will definitely stay in touch and I'll be back to fish!

-Rick
"A man who would fool a fish with a feather would probably go to a brothel without carryng any money." Charles Dannen

Eperous

Post by Eperous » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:32 pm

quadfish wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:00 pm
I'm not leaving SGM, but while we are still somewhat young, the Wife and I are retiring and headed out to Santa Rosa ...
Geez Rick, I can't believe my eyes... :shock: BUT, good for you and your family... :D it's been my good fortunate getting to know you and yours; you will be missed for sure.... :cry: and this post makes me feel older and sad, reading about your retirement and moving west... :roll: :cry: :cry: If you're missing from FlyFest, it won't be the same without you, and your helpers...

All the very best to you and yours; I sincerely hope our paths will continue to intersect in days ahead... ;) Enjoy life as it is shorter than we know or like to admit...

Ed

quadfish

Post by quadfish » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:24 pm

Thank you Ed, the pleasure has been all mine, I have really enjoyed knowing you and all these guys!! For all I know the girls may continue to participate in Fly Fest, I hope they do! I fully plan on fishing the Catskills in future so I will keep in touch!

Thanks for all you do!

-Rick :)