Don't let this happen to you!

Everyone loves a good fish story!
Talk techniques, experiences , gear, etc
bearbutt

Don't let this happen to you!

Post by bearbutt » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:33 pm

Mustad 94838 (size 14) in my wife's fancy new gym wear. As she said, this was about the 10th time in recent years she's gotten stabbed by a hook. Usually her socks find them, but this time it was the seat of her gym wear. Dunno how it happened, but take my word for it that a logical explanation won't help mitigate the situation--lol.

bb

narcodog

Re: Don't let this happen to you!

Post by narcodog » Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:09 am

Someone needs to have better inventory control, or tell her to stay out of the tying room. A man needs his space.

Eperous

Post by Eperous » Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:19 pm

narcodog wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:09 am
Someone needs to have better inventory control, or tell her to stay out of the tying room. A man needs his space.
Sound advice... :D

... said that, in recent years I've had to call upon the services of a "doc" to pull out 2 flies stuck in my hand, accidents that happened while releasing trout while fishing a duo of flies.... sad, but true, so I can understand if your wife has a beef with you... :roll:

Ed

bearbutt

Post by bearbutt » Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:13 am

Hook inventory control?! Very few things seem so impossible as that. Ask Dana....

But we're good. The trick is to be calm, apologize, get the hook out, uncork a bottle of champagne, and get on with things. Life is short. I've been on transatlantic flights, comfortably stretched out with my shoes off, when I have felt that familiar ouch on the sole of my foot. Another hook. These make me smile.

bb

Theroe

Post by Theroe » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:52 am

um - im guessing it was NOT barbless..........
“Time to go fishing”

bearbutt

Post by bearbutt » Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:45 pm

Theroe wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:52 am
Ha. No. In fact, a very big barb--but I did what I always do in these situations--just push it all the way through, cut the hook in half, and slide everything out. It's much easier to push a hook through a modern elastic fabric than it is to push it through flesh. Just ask the dog--who had to endure last summer a mid-Ausable surgery with a #4 streamer hook that had the barb only half pinched down.

Woof,
bb

Eperous

Post by Eperous » Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:21 pm

bearbutt wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:45 pm
Theroe wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:52 am
Ha. No. In fact, a very big barb--but I did what I always do in these situations--just push it all the way through, cut the hook in half, and slide everything out. It's much easier to push a hook through a modern elastic fabric than it is to push it through flesh. Just ask the dog--who had to endure last summer a mid-Ausable surgery with a #4 streamer hook that had the barb only half pinched down.

Woof,
bb
Ouch! :cry: