Breathable waders and Thanksgiving

Everyone loves a good fish story!
Talk techniques, experiences , gear, etc
Eperous

Breathable waders and Thanksgiving

Post by Eperous » Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:50 pm

I recall asking this questions a while back, and asking again as we have a house-full of family coming over Thanksgiving, so space is at a premium... I'm "storing" my fishing stuff where I can, and left my breathable waders atop my truck, parked in the garage... this is only temporary but still just wondering how folks store their breathable waders over winter months? :?:

I recall reading that certain types of waders should NOT be stored anywhere near a vehicle battery, as battery fumes could damage the waders... :cry: :x

Any thoughts on this? :? And, Happy Thanksgiving to you & yours...

Ed

Vance

Re: Breathable waders and Thanksgiving

Post by Vance » Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:21 am

Hello, I hang my waders up in the garage. Hey, everybody have a Happy Thanksgiving. Make sure you eat plenty of turkey and dressing. Then after Xmas try to put on your waders to see if they will fit. Living in South Jersey cannot wait for some warm weather so I can grab the fly rod and head up to the South Branch. Again Happy Thanksgiving. Time to go on a diet. Bill the mailman

HookI

Re: Breathable waders and Thanksgiving

Post by HookI » Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:22 pm

after each outing I hose them down including boots , have them hang in the boiler room overnight , the boots ( with two soup cans opened at both ends ) inserted one in each boot , by the next am they are dry & go in the garage ,for next use & all winer . About 6 years now still holding up .