Hello from the Adirondacks!

Everyone loves a good fish story!
Talk techniques, experiences , gear, etc
SamsonCane

Hello from the Adirondacks!

Post by SamsonCane »

Hello, new member from the Au Sable River area, looking forward to being part of this group.

Eperous

Re: Hello from the Adirondacks!

Post by Eperous »

Welcome SC... we used to have a camp on Indian Lake and I'd fished the Hudson River, Indian, and Cedar River flow.... plus numerous Adirondack ponds and lakes... growing up in the Garden State, the first NYS trout waters I ever fished was the West Branch Ausable, back in the late 60s and during the last two years have made a couple feeble trips back to Lake Placid to hike, and fish the Ausable...

Ed

bearbutt

Post by bearbutt »

As Ed says, Welcome!

You've come to a good place--a bunch of us fish the Ausable and Saranac and environs. You might want to spend some time searching the archive here for topics related to the Ausable: Fran Betters, Haystacks, The Usual, Ausable Wulff, Wilmington Notch, and so on. There's decades of experience buried in various posts and threads here.

Have fun!

bb

Eperous

Post by Eperous »

bearbutt wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:43 pm
... You might want to spend some time searching the archive here for topics related to the Ausable: Fran Betters, Haystacks, The Usual, Ausable Wulff, Wilmington Notch, and so on. There's decades of experience buried in various posts and threads here.
As bb said,

Here's one on the upper Hudson, FYI: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=14415&hilit=hudson+river

Ed

bearbutt

Post by bearbutt »

Nice thread, Ed--. I love that area, and the Indian River too--though I haven't fished it for a long time. It gets a lot of abuse from the riff-rafters--which is too bad. But it's like this in a lot of places where access fromt he road-to-river is easy.

The Adirondacks have so much great water--not just the Ausable and Saranac, but so many feeders as well--and ponds--it's special. And because it's all protected water, at least within the park, it's not going anywhere anytime soon--you can fish all day in a lot of places and not see another angler--just a lot of wildlife. I just wish my knees were 20 years younger--.

bb