Large Delawarev river Brown caught on DRY FLY !

ddnester

Large Delawarev river Brown caught on DRY FLY !

Post by ddnester »

Received photo of Extremely Large Brown Trout caught on a DRY FLY in the Upper Delaware river drainage.
What a large Beautiful Brown Trout . The successful angler released this magnificent Brown .
Only large Brown trout I remember being caught on upper Delaware river was monster Brown caught about a 1/2 mile below Sewer plant in Deposit .
That was years ago , Trout would be deceased at this time .
Caught large Brown trout out of Pepacton in 1970's -early 1980 , but that was out of reservoir and not on a DRY FLY .
IMPRESSIVE !
Attachments
101390711_10158410370423197_9191367628487131136_n.jpg
101390711_10158410370423197_9191367628487131136_n.jpg (96.55 KiB) Viewed 468 times

Vance

Re: Large Delawarev river Brown caught on DRY FLY !

Post by Vance »

Hello, I am impressed but on a dry fly Nah, handgrenade yes, Congrats on the catch put up a good fight? Bill Vance

Caneghost

Post by Caneghost »

Hard to judge size accurately when they hold them at arms length like that, but obviously a huge trout. The size and body type sort of say reservoir fish to me. There has been spillage this spring so... The West Branch brown you mention was a reservoir fish. Origin takes nothing away from the angler, a tremendous catch!
...a glint of sunlight on polished cane...

http://brightwatercatskill.art.blog

Laminarman

Post by Laminarman »

Exact thing I said to my buddy. This is unfortunately not a very good set of images making the fish look perhaps artificially large. Granted at 28" it's HUGE but doesn't that fish look about 36" in the photo? Also, I just don't buy it that the fish was eating #20 flies in the day time with water levels being what they were. I smell something fishy but will stop short of calling anyone a liar. Biggest fish I ever saw out of the Delaware was 30+ years ago a 24" RAINBOW hanging from a kids handlebars he got on a night crawler out of the Hale Eddy bridge pool. Damn kid pulled it out with a spinning outfit and grabbed it by the gill plate and put it right over his handle like stringing it on stringer. He lived somewhere up the road and pedaled home as hard as he could with a smile and all of us fly fishermen were just left there scratching our heads.

Theroe

Post by Theroe »

Very nice. Why doesn’t the guy who caught the fish post some details about the how, when, and where of this magnificent catch?
“Time to go fishing”

narcodog

Post by narcodog »

You know, they guy caught the fish on a size 20, he had witness's give him his due rewards. What difference does it make if it came over the dam or not. I'm embarrassed at some of this answers.

Laminarman

Post by Laminarman »

narcodog wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:35 pm
You know, they guy caught the fish on a size 20, he had witness's give him his due rewards. What difference does it make if it came over the dam or not. I'm embarrassed at some of this answers.
Why are you embarrassed? Nobody said anything derogatory at all about it being a reservoir fish. There are simply those who have not seen a fish this big eat #20 BWO's in high off color water, me being one of them. If it did, then all the kudos in the world. I would love to catch a reservoir trout in the river, kind of like finding a Garrison fly rod for $10 at the flea market, hard to come by.