Greetings everyone!

Everyone loves a good fish story!
Talk techniques, experiences , gear, etc
Smuggler

Greetings everyone!

Post by Smuggler »

Hello everyone just wanted to take a moment and introduce myself. I see some familiar names here from the Flymph Forum.

My name is Eric, I currently reside in Pennsylvania, close to Hershey. Not too much cold water fishing around this area, usually I'll go to State College or the north central section of the state for good trout opportunities.

In short I enjoy fishing wet flies. Traditional American style, traditional British spiders like Tummel and Clyde patterns etc. Nymphs also. I thoroughly enjoy my wets! Subsequently that is how I tie. The wealth of knowledge behind these styles is what draws me to it.

Anyways thank you for letting me join and I hope to participate as much as I can.

Allan

Re: Greetings everyone!

Post by Allan »

Hi Smuggler,

Welcome. I spent a year or so in your area. In fact, I lived in Middletown, and could take a nice leisurely walk to Bob Clouser's shop. I could also see TMI from my window and was there when the event took place. "He** No, I Won't Glow" :twisted: Anyway, while there I had occasion to fish Clark's Creek up in Dauphen(sp?) Cty. Also tried a few creeks like the Letort and near Carlisle.

Allan

Smuggler

Post by Smuggler »

Ah yes, Clarks. You learn how to properly roll-cast on that stream. The Letort is always fun too.

catskilljohn

Post by catskilljohn »

Thanks for joining Smuggler, dive right in! CJ
"Gentlemen,remove your hats,this is it"
"This is where the trout was invented?"
"Oh he existed in a crude,primitive form in Waltons England"
"But this is where they painted spots on him and taught him to swim"

tie2fish

Post by tie2fish »

Howdy, Eric. Great to see you here. I'm a short-timer myself, and have learned a lot already about the Catskill area and the guys who love her.

ted patlen

Post by ted patlen »

welcome to the discussions....i found it a little funny that you didn't mention the breeches or the lime stoners near west of hershey...

yo