Labor Day

Everyone loves a good fish story!
Talk techniques, experiences , gear, etc
bearbutt

Re: Labor Day

Post by bearbutt » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:36 pm

redietz wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:39 am

Hats went out when head room in cars got smaller.
Oh, yes--there was room for fedoras in the model T's, but I guess the introduction of the coupe really put an end to things. I recall a few years ago Toyota was having trouble selling pickups in Texas until they realized the cabs were too small for 10 gallon hats and started making them bigger. Figures.

The real losers were hockey players--getting a hat trick today is nothing like what it used to be.

OK, back to the pictures--can I have some more ideas about where Ritz and Alden Knight were angling? Looks like pastureland?

bb

Theroe

Post by Theroe » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:23 am

there is another photo floating around the web of the Wagon Tracks, in earlier days....but the barn in the background of the first shot, and, the concrete abutment in the second makes me think otherwise.....
“Time to go fishing”

Bishthefish1

Post by Bishthefish1 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:59 am

Exec #1 (Graham Chapman): Item six on the agenda: “The Meaning of Life” Now uh, Harry, you’ve had some thoughts on this.

Exec #2 (Michael Palin): Yeah, I’ve had a team working on this over the past few weeks, and what we’ve come up with can be reduced to two fundamental concepts. One: People aren’t wearing enough hats. Two: Matter is energy.

From Monty Python's 'Meaning of Life'
'Most anglers spend their lives making rules for trout,
and trout spend theirs breaking them'
- George Aston

Theroe

Post by Theroe » Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:39 am

love it - boy, do I miss monty python....SPAM, penguin on the telly, ministry of silly walk, Lord Windesphere & Paul Boomer in the world farting contest :lol:

Ive settled for Hyacinth Bucket on "keeping up appearances".....times change
“Time to go fishing”

Vance

Post by Vance » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:35 pm

Hi, OK,OK, They are either fishing the Ramapo or the Musky in Jersey. Both rivers are closer to NYC. I think they are fishing just below Wearing property on the Ramapo. Just my guess. Bill the mailman

bearbutt

Post by bearbutt » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:59 pm

Vance wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:35 pm
I think they are fishing just below Wearing property on the Ramapo. Just my guess.
Bill, thanks, that's as good a guess I could hope to get. Gingrich lived in Ridgewood, which is fairly close by--.

Now I am tempted to get myself a good wool Fedora. My wife said I need to get coiffed too.

bb

bearbutt

Post by bearbutt » Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:15 pm

The photo links had died, so I put new ones in--so we can see once again Ritz, Gingrich, and Alden Knight doing their thing.

Happy Labor Day, everyone--
bb

Theroe

Post by Theroe » Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:52 am

Thank you for the photo update, Joseph.

I will be buying another hat, strictly for fishing. Baseball style, wide brimmed western, and wool "watch" types round out my current selection.....but Oliver Edwards sports a "Ghillie Hat", which I am considering....

Be well, and Happy Labor Day !!

Dana
“Time to go fishing”

andre

Post by andre » Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:43 pm

Looks to wide to be Ramapo to me. I would think Muskie or South Branch Raritan.